What is Reflexology
Reflexology is a non-intrusive complementary health therapy, based on the principle that different points on the feet, lower leg and hands correspond with different areas of the body.
Traditionally, massage of the feet and hands improves blood and lymph circulation in the corresponding parts of the body, decreases nervous tension around the affected area and re-activates the body's natural healing ability. Massage can help also clear deposits that might interfere with nerve impulses and thereby promote healthier nerve transmission.
What are the benefits of Reflexology
- Increase of blood flow and lymphatic flow
- Stimulates immunity
- Relief of muscular tension and fatigue
- Relief of pain and discomfort (back, neck, headache, stiff joints, heavy periods and PMT)
- Improvement of joint mobility
- Reduces stress and anxiety, exhaustion, postnatal depression
- Encouragement of relaxation, rest and promoting healthy sleep
- Stimulation of internal organs activity
- Aids the detoxification and elimination of the toxins and waste
- Restoration of energy flow through the body
- Help in a hormonal balance
- Support for your fertility and conception time
Reflexology helps the body to restore naturally its balance. Usually, after a treatment you might feel reduced tension and feel more relaxed. You might notice better sleep at night and find improvement in your mood and sense of well-being. You may also notice that other aspects of your health and body - mind - spirit improve too; however, this happens on an individual basis.
It is important for all of us to take more responsibility for our own healthcare needs, especially with ever increasing levels of stress in everyday life. Reflexology can meet your needs to positively affect your well being and health. The best way to find out if it works for you is to try it!